The Visa Lottery is free on the State Department website. That site does not provide any verification or review of your application and does not notify you of your results. We guarantee correct and qualified entries!
How to Apply for the Green Card Lottery?
The USA Green Card Lottery is an official program of the United States Government to issue legal U.S. green cards every year through a lottery system. If you would like to participate in the Green Card Lottery Program, you should ensure that you fulfill all the stipulated qualifying criteria. If you are eligible, you can go ahead and apply for the U.S. Green Card Lottery. The annual Diversity Immigrant Visa Program has as an electronic registration system to ensure security. Special safety measures are used to prevent illegal immigration and multiple entries. You must submit your Electronic Diversity Visa (E-DV) Entry Forms to the U.S. Department of State during the registration period specified for that particular annual DV program for which you wish to enroll. If your Green Card Lottery application is approved, you will receive a detailed notification.
While submitting your DV Lottery application, please ensure that you strictly adhere to the following guidelines for successful immigration:
- No paper applications will be accepted.
- Only electronic submission of applications is allowed.
- DV Lottery applications must be filled completely.
- You have the choice of submitting your own entry or someone else may submit the U.S.A Immigration Lottery Application on your behalf, but you can submit only one entry per visa lottery year. Submitting more than one entry will disqualify you.
For successful submission, the application needs include all information required. You will need to fill in the following information while applying for the U.S. Green Card Lottery:
- Your full name including your last/family name, first name, and middle name.
- Your date of birth.
- Your gender.
- The city and the country where you were born.
- The country of eligibility or chargeability for the DV program. Ideally it will be the same as your country of birth, but in case you were born in a country that is ineligible for the Green Card Lottery Program, then there are other options available for you. For more details on eligible criteria, you can review $Link("DV Lottery requirements", "Requirements").
- Your electronic photograph and if you are married, the photo of your spouse and all unmarried children below the age of 21. The submitted photographs should conform to certain specifications stipulated by the Department of State. For detailed photo information, please click here.
- Your mailing address, including city/town, district/province/state, postal/zip code, and country.
- The country where you are presently residing.
- Your highest level of education as of the date of submitting your DV Lottery Application.
- Your marital status.
- The number of children, which must include all your natural, legally-adopted, and stepchildren, who are unmarried and below the age of 21 as of the date of your visa lottery entry. It is mandatory to include all your children even if they are not interested in immigrating with you. You must not include those children who already have U.S. citizenship.
- You should also provide complete information about your spouse and children, including name, date of birth, gender, place of birth, and photographs.
Once your DV Visa Lottery application has been successfully registered, you will be presented with a confirmation notice and a unique confirmation number that can be used to check the status of your visa lottery entry.
It is easy to apply for the U.S. Green Card Lottery, but if you do not adhere to the strict guidelines, your Green Card Lottery application will be disqualified. For professional assistance with the visa lottery application process, complete the registration form at the USA Green Card website. The site will give you more details on the DV program and answer the most frequently asked questions regarding the visa program.